With SCS, you can experience numerous benefits in addition to the relief of your pain. Some of the benefits of SCS therapy include:
- The ability to try the therapy before having a permanent system placed in your body. You can test drive the SCS system to see if it helps control your pain before committing to a permanent system.
- While many Level 3 therapies are permanent, even a permanent SCS procedure is reversible. Even though the device is surgically implanted, it can always be turned off or surgically removed by your pain specialist.
- SCS therapy may help control difficult pain in the low back and legs—even when other therapies have failed.
- It is approved by the FDA for the management of chronic intractable pain of the trunk (low back) and limbs (legs and arms).
- It is covered by most health insurance plans, including Medicare.
There is no guarantee that Spinal Cord Stimulation will alleviate all of your discomfort.